In Mafiareturns, Bodyguards provide a means to increase your defence against incoming attacks. You can buy and manage bodyguards by accessing Manage -> BG Management. Once you buy bodyguards, you can train them to provide better protection.
How Do They Work
- A new bodyguard(BG) comes with a maximum of 10 skill.
- Bodyguards can be trained to a maximum of 100 skill
- Training adds an additional 10 to it's maximum skill.
- A bodyguard can be trained once every 24 hours.
- Bodyguards lose a health point everyday, until such time as they reach 2hp.
- You can restore the health point of a bodyguard to its maximum by using Upkeep. * The cost of Upkeep is $6,000 per health point to be recovered.
- Once upkeep is used, you must wait 5 days before you can upkeep that BG again.
- On occasion, when using upkeep your BG can be renamed to display loyalty to you, regardless of the Training level, this will give the BG a health rate of 130HP.
- Effectiveness of your bodyguards is displayed at the bottom of the BG management page as BG Equivalent.
- The BG Equivalent is calculated as the sum of the skills of all your bodyguards.
- 1 bg at 10 skill = .10 of a full 100 hp bg
- 10 bgs at 10 skill = 1 full 100 hp bgs
- 10 bgs at 30 skill = 3 full 100 hp bgs
- 20 bgs at 50 skill = 10 full 100 hp bgs
- 20 bgs at 100 skill = 20 full 100 hp bgs and so on.
- Higher the BG Equivalent, the stronger the defence.
- The more bodyguards you own, the more your flights will cost as you need to transport your entourage with you wherever you go.
- The bodyguards can be shot at. The shooter will either miss, wound, or kill your bodyguard.
- Only someone of Earner rank or above can target an alive users bodyguard, unless otherwise given Auth by their leader whilst below this rank.
- There is a limit in number of bodyguards one can own. This number is not publicly known. It is adjusted depending on the game averages.
Below is an example of the Bodyguard costs. Each additional bodyguard costs an additinal $1,250 to purchase and per train.
|BG Number||Hire Cost||Per Train Cost||Full Cost|
|Protection Level||Number of Bodyguards|
|Very Well Protected||66-100|
|Extremely Well Protected||101-135|
|Obscenely Well Protected||136-180|
|Insanely Well Protected||181+|
|Current Skill Level||Degradation rate|
|100 to 2||1 skill every 24 hours|