A Petty Crime can be attempted every 3 minutes and 20 seconds. It is the easiest way to make money and gain experience in MafiaReturns. There are four Petty Crimes in total, each one being harder to complete, and having a bigger payout than the last. After you attempt a Petty Crime, a timer will start counting down from 3 minutes 20 seconds in the game. If you click on the Petty Crime action before this time is up, it does not affect anything and will not reset the timer back to 3 minutes 20 seconds.
You can purchase the Petty Proficiency Perk to gain a 10% chance that your Petty timer will not be used when you commit a Petty. This is a 30 day subscription for the cost of one credit and can be renewed.
The only time that Petty crimes are not available to you, is when you first start your life of crime. You will begin with Jobs available instead, these are jobs created by the crews that are currently available to join, do these jobs to make yourself known and only once you join a crew or gain an understanding of the work, should you then move forward onto Petty Crimes. (Jobs can be easily turned off when on the select petty page, but once turned off you cannot turn it back on)
Snatch A Purse
- You will typically gain between $50 and $300 for each successful crime.
- You are able to do these crimes as soon as you make an account, provided jobs are turned off.
Con A Poor Schlub
- You will typically gain between $150 and $400 for each successful crime.
- You are able to do these crimes almost as soon as you make an account, provided jobs are turned off.
Extort A Shop Owner
- You will typically gain between $300 and $500 for each successful crime.
- You are able to do these crimes after a few attempts at an easier Petty Crime.
Knock Over A Post Office
- You will typically gain between $400 and $1050 for each successful crime.
- You are able to do these crimes after another few attempts at the easier Petty Crimes.